Dawn Downs, Chairman
Victoria Richardson, Vice Chairman
Candice Hall, Secretary
Jeanne Hall, Treasurer
Tom Brown, Scheduler
Daniel Westburg, member
You may contact any one of the board members by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Meetings are held at the Community Center on the first Monday of each month at 7:00 p.m.
PGCC welcomes new board members and volunteers. Board members must be residents of Potomac or Greenough community, attend monthly board meetings, and provide volunteer support of center sponsored events. If you're interested in supporting our community by serving on our community center board please contact us at email@example.com
The Potomac Greenough Community Center is led by a 5 person volunteer Board of Directors.
Board of Directors
History Potomac School is on the National Register of Historic Places. Potomac’s first schoolhouse was completed in 1888, but as the demand for better education grew, it was decided a new building was needed. In 1913, the new school house opened with 52 students in grades 1-12 and five teachers. Although the school accommodated the learning needs of the Potomac youth, a space of physical education and athletics was found wanting. The community rallied to meet the need. Constructed by residents using local timber milled on site, the community center was completed and incorporated in 1978. It received nonprofit status in 1995 and is guided by a set of by-laws. The Potomac School continues to serve in much the same capacity as it did one hundred years ago educating the children of the valley within a culture of excellence, preparing them for their future while accenting the small community experience.
Today, during the school year, the PGCC is home to Potomac School's 7th & 8th grade classes, lunch program, physical education classes, Pioneer Sports Programs, and MCT performances. After school hours it serves the Potomac-Greenough and surrounding communities with a plethora of clubs, organizations, and activities. The PGCC is ever changing to meet the ever-changing needs of our youth and our community. Now 40 years old, the center continues to meet its mission and is a symbol of our community's independence and spirit.